tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cifroes <cifr...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Dynamic reloading individual classes
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:32:25 GMT
Hi all,

I want to be able to reload individual classes (JavaBeans) in a web
application.

Setting context reloadable to true makes it reload the whole context but
I want to be able to reload only individual classes. This means I can
reload quickly and maybe without losing requests (if all the users are
using other JSP/classes and not the one I changed there will be no
missed requests).

I tried the "Apache Tomcat Resources Manager Module" but it only lists
Servlets resources. My application is Ibatis JPetstore that uses Struts
and Beans and I want to reload individual beans.

I don't mind coding a bit and contributing this but I don't have enough
knowledge to do this...

Is there any way to do this or anyone can help?

Thanks in advance,
  -- cifroes