tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r529444 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/manager: HTMLManagerServlet.java JspHelper.java util/ util/BaseSessionComparator.java util/ReverseComparator.java util/SessionUtils.java
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:40:42 GMT
I'm a little narrow on time at the moment, but I did a quick port of my
old 5.0 patch to 6.0 head.

I didn't yet test the 6.0 port (nor build it), but you might get an idea
about the amount of things the patch touches. My original 5.0 patch was
used quite some time.

I won't insist on URL/action the feature can be called by. Originally it
was an extension to /sessions for both the Manager and the HTML Manager.
Since now you added nice detailed sessions functions to /sessions, it
would either be another URL or a sub action. To make the patch simple, I
  simply again occupied /sessions and put the detailed session
management under another URL (mostly because it wasn't there in the
Manager).

If there is some basic interest in it, I would test and polish it.

The patch is at:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/tomcatManagerSessionExpireCodePatch.txt

An old docs patch against 5.0.28 (just to get an idea) is:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/tomcatManagerSessionExpireDocsPatch.txt

I think this feature is not obsoleted by the new detailed session
administration, because it allows a statistical view and a simple mass
expiration by idle time. For me it looks like a good fit to the new
management of individual sessions.

Regards,

Rainer