tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk on i5/OS v5R4
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:19:35 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> That's what I expect too, but in the log file Henri posted at the
> beginning of this thread, both runs were done by the same process and
> thread id. So at least if pids have a meaning on iSeries, both runs are
> done by the same process. That's different from the *nix world, where
> there is a switch to a new parent in between (as long as I remember
> correct).

Nope, that's correct.  Both config passes happen on the single, main
process and thread.  THEN following the second pass, processes are
forked off, and the threads created in each process.  THAT is the
unix world of httpd.

On Windows, both passes happen in both the parent and child processes,
the parent is actually does not pass its config via fork() to the
children.