tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r528524 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalNioOutputBuffer.java
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:28:39 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Lets say you have two threads writing to the response (async write from
> comet)
> both of them could end up on the line:
> socket.getBufHandler().getWriteBuffer().put(buf, offset, length);
>
> assuming nothing is synced in the path down to here, hence causing a
> buffer overflow,
> Does that makes sense or am I smoking crack?

I know, but this doesn't make sense to me, since it will already do
thread safety problems in the servlet layer (where there are buffers,
etc). If people want to have more than one thread writing, they have to
sync. I will not be adding similar checks in the APR connector, but you
can leave them in the NIO connector if you feel more comfortable with them.

Rémy