tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: Is there a tomcat/jasper test suite?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:00:11 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
> On 4/4/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
>> $ ant tester
>> Buildfile: build.xml
>> Target `tester' does not exist in this project.
> You're right, it's gone from the 6.0 trunk.  It's been in the 4.x and
> 5.x build.xmls, e.g.
> forever, so I assumed it was still in 6.0.
> Remy or someone who's run the tests for 6.0: what replaced the tester
> target?

We're running the TCK pretty much all the time. Porting the tester
webapp is possible, of course (and it should be relatively easy; there's
a "test" folder which could be used for that).

David Jencks wrote:
 > Following Remy's suggestion I implemented web.xml overrides of
 > annotations

Cool :)

It is true that annotations is a specific topic, since the Tomcat
implementation (which is very simple, though) is never tested in the TCK.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message