tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r524777 - /tomcat/connectors/trunk/jk/tools/
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:03:39 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Hi Mladen,
>> did you delete setting owner and group by accident from the release
>> script?
> No, I did it by purpose. I don't have user or group named asf, so the tar
> fails. What would be a purpose of it anyhow, and how would you ensure
> that the same user will exist on the users box?

It should be root / bin or similar.

Simple - if you unpack without root privilage, it unpacks as 'you'.

If 'you' == root, it would try to restore mladen:staff or whatever your
group is.  Please back out this change and make an appropriate change :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message