tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kent Tong <>
Subject Re: reload on demand
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 03:51:02 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists <at>> writes:

> see that the solution I gave you, doesn't need to reload the app, it
> simply reloads the individual class file. for large apps, you don't have
> to wait for the entire app to reload
> that would qualify as automatic too, wouldnt it?

Thanks. I've taken a look at it. Here are some issues with it:
1) It still uses a timer. So it will still keep reloading when I
am editing my files.
2) I have to specified which servlet classes to monitor. It seems
there is no way to monitor all classes (including domain classes).
3) Reloading only a particular class will probably break the
webapp (eg, when instances of classes hold references to its

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message