tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Weekly builds
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:04:32 GMT
Hi,

On 2/12/07, Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org> wrote:
> All builds would follow the release process described here:
> 1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
> people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6

Ah, ok.  If we can turn these around weekly, that'd be awesome.  +1.

I would caution that for some builds, you won't be able to get enough
honest +1s because people won't have time to test in the given weekly
window.  But I would be glad to be wrong on this one, and we'll cross
that bridge if/when we get there.

> Any of these builds could be abandoned before step 4 when a serious
> problem is found.

Sure.

> The reason for (even more) frequent build is that I am frustrated with
> the inability to release anything from this branch despite the apparent
> lack of regressions over 5.5.x.

I've been OK with releasing at least one 6.0 build (6.0.9, and also
one of the earlier ones IIRC) as Stable.  I think it's ready.  I've
actually been kind of curious why some of the votes have only called
for alpha/beta designation, without giving Stable as an option.

Yoav