tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From M Coffee <mrcoffee...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Building the Jasper compiler
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:04:37 GMT
William,

> >   This explains why I couldn't find an independent build process for
> > Jasper. So I'll continue patching the jar, and wait for the
> > development you do on Gentoo.
>
> I will try to remember to shoot you a heads up when I do. It will be the
> build.xml that you want. But really they are not bad to make, feel free
> to try yourself.

Sure, I could probably work through getting the build.xml for jasper to run.  It just seemed
like
something that would have already been done.  If I get one working, I'll post it here.

> >   If you do any
> > work on the Jasper compiler,
>

> My focus these days is on 6.0.x. I hope you are wanting to build a 6.0.x
> Jasper. As I doubt I will be packaging a 5.5.x jasper, and I believe
> there was a jasper specific build xml with the 5.5.x branch. It's been a
> bit since I last dug in sources so can't recall from memory at this
> time.

There is a jasper build.xml, but it doesn't build the jars without a complete Tomcat build
environment (and possibly an older version of Ant), so I stopped working on debugging that
one.
There's no documentation for it either -- the code is the documentation, I guess.

I definitely don't want to move up to Tomcat 6 until the problems with debugging JSP pages
in the
Tomcat 5 environment are resolved.  We've waited a while, and now I'm trying to hack it to
the
point where we can use it internally.

Thanks again,

M Coffee