tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Weekly builds
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:37:54 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
> Generally speaking, if the release manager (you in this case) is OK
> with doing the work, I'd say sure, why not?  Let's just label the
> build clearly as a weekly or with a specific date, so that people
> don't confuse it for a voted-upon / SVN-tagged official build.

All builds would follow the release process described here:
1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6
2. announce candidate binaries are available for testing
3. wait 2-3 days for testing
4. call for alpha/beta/stable vote on build
5. 3 +1's later publish previously created tarball and binaries to
www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6
6. wait 2-3 days for voting to complete and/or for more testing
7. announce release after sync of the website

Any of these builds could be abandoned before step 4 when a serious
problem is found.

The reason for (even more) frequent build is that I am frustrated with
the inability to release anything from this branch despite the apparent
lack of regressions over 5.5.x.

Rémy