tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.9 as alpha
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:39:41 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> can we add in apache-tomcat-6.0.9-extras as an package as well to each
> release.
> That way I can publish to the maven repo directly from each build.

As far as I am concerned, this was not the purpose of -extras. I don't
know if I posted about it earlier, but I intended it as a bundle of
either specific tools, or components that can't be redistributed
directly by the ASF (due to licensing or legal reasons).

(of course, at the moment, there's only one component)

If Geronimo needs commons-logging from extras, I could also include the
extras.xml script as part of its build process.

Rémy