tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Takayuki Kaneko" <kaneko...@gmail.com>
Subject new access log valve implementation
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 05:09:21 GMT
Hi Tomcat developers,

I made 'FastAccessLogValve' that was modified and tuned based on AccessLogValve.
It can output any log element specified by the pattern string like
AccessLogValve.
And it is as fast as FastCommonAccessLogValve.

I made a quick test program. It outputs the access log using valves.
And it can specify the number of count and threads.

Here are the results of the test with 1000 count x 10 threads.

C:\newaccesslog>test 1000 10
AccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 688 msec.
AccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 547 msec.
AccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 906 msec.
FastCommonAccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 344 msec.
FastCommonAccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 265 msec.
FastCommonAccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 344 msec.
FastAccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 313 msec.
FastAccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 313 msec.
FastAccessLogValve's elapsed Time is 312 msec.

Actually, I really want to output the processing time by using %D pattern.
But AccessLogValve was slower than FastCommonAccessLogValve.
So, I made the new one.

Is this beneficial?

Thanks.

-Takayuki