tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new access log valve implementation
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:05:04 GMT
Hi,

On 1/5/07, Robert McKay <robert@mckay.com> wrote:
> On 1/5/07, Takayuki Kaneko <kanekotky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Tomcat developers,
> >
> > I made 'FastAccessLogValve' that was modified and tuned based on AccessLogValve.
> > It can output any log element specified by the pattern string like
> > AccessLogValve.
> > And it is as fast as FastCommonAccessLogValve.

Takayuki, thanks for your contribution.

> > Is this beneficial?
>
> Always nice to have options :)
>
> Robert.

It's also nice to have unbloated software.  We don't need three Valves
that do the same thing, and actually we shouldn't even need two: one
should suffice.  Maybe it's Takayuki's  new one.   If it weren't for
some insistent users (with decent reasons), I'd argue for scrapping
this Valve altogether in favor of a Filter.

Yoav