tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r500716 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: java/org/apache/catalina/core/StandardWrapper.java java/org/apache/catalina/valves/ErrorReportValve.java webapps/docs/changelog.xml
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:25:33 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Fair enough. My biggest concern was the lack of JspException
> unwrapping. The SQLException support was a nice to have but I'm not
> that bothered about it.

I never used the SQL exception nesting, so I don't have an opinion about
it, but I think it's ok to add special support for the SQLException
chain if you want to.

>> Note: I see you have fixed JspException as ServletException has been
>> fixed earlier.
>
> I am assuming the veto doesn't apply to this.

I didn't know JspException used the same rootCause field (for some
reason, I thought it extended ServletException), and needed the same
changes. However, I think the update to JspException should be revised,
since getRootCause will return null now (I think it should return
getCause() for compatibility, and the rootCause field could be removed).

Rémy