tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Tomcat Jars - Maven2 repo
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:17:08 GMT
Ok, I have completed the scripts for the Maven repo publishes. One
section is for publishing a snapshot, and the other is for publishing
our release JARs.
Snapshots go to:
scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
and releases go to:
scp://people.apache.org/www/tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/m2-repository

After trying for two days, I can get Maven (mvn deploy:deploy-file) to
work properly on windows. there is no documentation for how the
underlying JCraft library actually is assumed to work, I think it has
hard coded paths for known_hosts etc.
If anyone wants to take a stab at this, please let me know, the script I
created, is used by ant and simply executes Maven command line commands.
Using maven's ant tasks seemed far more complicated than that, so I
skipped those all together.

Steps to do a snapshot

1. cd trunk
2. ant download
3. ant
4. ant -f extras.xml
5. cd res/maven
6. Edit mvn.properties (default values are in mvn.properties.default)
7. ant -f mvn-pub.xml deploy-snapshot

Steps to deploy a release
1. Either do step 1-4 from above on the correct tag, or unzip a release
including and copy in the extras directory)
2. cd res/maven
3. Edit mvn.properties (default values are in mvn.properties.default)
4. ant -f mvn-pub.xml deploy-release

We can run with this setup for a while, once outside folks are happy
with the "release" jars, we can start deploying to ASF Ibiblio sync
repo, so they get copied to the central repository.

Filip