tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Beans without packages in JSP files
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:23:14 GMT
Hi,

On 12/5/06, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:
> I'm not talking about
> import A;
>
> I'm talking about simply using A in the JSP
>
> <%=A.test()%> without using an import,
>
> This doesn't work, cause our JSP page gets packaged as
> org.apache.jsp.<directory> and our code adds that before it tries to
> resolve A

I apologize, I guess I wasn't clear ;)

First of all, this is not new stuff at all.  It's been in our FAQ
(http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/classnotfound.html) for at least a
couple of years.  What made you bring it up now?

In your example, what does "simply using A in the JSP" mean?  What
does it look like in the compiled servlet that the JSP is turned into?
 You have to resolve it to *some* package.  Are you saying the current
code assigns a default org.apache.jsp package *before* doing this
resolving?  I doubt that's the case, or everyone's beans that are not
in org.apache.jsp would break...

Yoav