tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject redistribution of sun j2ee xsd's and dtd's
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:11:40 GMT
I see that Tomcat binary distributions (and source tree) contains Sun
j2ee xsd's and dtd's (an ASL v2 license has even been applied to them).

Since the files are Copyrighted by Sun and state:

    No part of this document may be reproduced in any form by any
means without prior written authorization of Sun and its licensors,
if any.

Can someone help me understand what rights the ASF holds to
redistribute these files?

The Geronimo project had some of these xsd's and dtd's in our source
tree, which we went through some pains to remove. I've just found
other occurrences in the geronimo specs source tree and I'm trying to
figure out how to proceed...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message