tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Vromant <anthony.vrom...@bull.net>
Subject Re: Smooth applications migration in a J2EE cluster [mod_jk]
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:04:16 GMT
Hi Rainer,

In my test case, i start only with 3 actives workers.
So i think you want me to make a graceful restart of apache in order to
add the 3 stopped workers ?
Is this that ?
Anyhow, i understand that without changing route, this can be a good
solution.

But about the invalidated session Valve :

If this Valve invalidates a cookie and redirects users to a login page,
it is not transparent for the users.

Can we imagine that during an update, if this Valve is activated and
used, mod_jk detects it (through the response sent by the valve) and
sends the request to an active worker ?
It would be a kind of transparent fail-over implemented by mod_jk.

Regards,
Anthony