tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Smooth applications migration in a J2EE cluster [mod_jk]
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 11:28:40 GMT
Hi Anthony,

since your oce is based on 1.2.15 first the information for you, that
between 1.2.15 and the released 1.2.19 there were a lot of features
added. No old features has been dropped, so it should be feature
compatible with 1.2.15. You can look at the changelog

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/changelog.html

and maybe the easiest way is to scan the document

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/config/workers.html

and for Apache

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/config/apache.html

resp. for IIS

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/config/iis.html

about new parameters, which you didn't know before. There are also hints
in the docs, which of the params have been added in which version.

Concerning 1.2.20 I'll make a tarball for testing including the docs
most likely tonight. We changed a bit more, than was planned, so we give
people a couple of days to report problems early, before we tag the
release. Again, all changes will be contained in the configuration
reference guide.

Regards,

Rainer

Anthony Vromant wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Mladen Turk wrote:

>>> There is no need to ask something like that.
>>> Just like for any other patch bring in the code,
>>> and we'll discuss, but it cannot be answered in advance.
>>> Anyhow, according to the description it looks very interesting.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mladen.
>>
>> Exactly the same from me. The upcoming release 1.2.20 will already
>> include a lot of improvements in the jk status worker and we all
>> think, that managing changes in a distributed 24x7 system already is a
>> very important topic.
>>
>> Waiting for your proposals :)
>>
>> Rainer

> Glad to note that you are interested in this topic.
>
> I propose to send you as soon as possible a HTTP link towards a Flash
> presentation of our prototype.
> Thus you'll have a good overview of the feature.
>
> For the source code, we have to do some 'cleaning' work before being
> able to submit it to you.
>
> Can you tell me where to find information about new features of mod_jk
> 1.2.20 ?
>
> For your information, our prototype is built from  mod_jk 1.2.15. We
> could bring it to the 1.2.20.
>
> Regards.

kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
Bornheimer Str. 33a