tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Smooth applications migration in a J2EE cluster [mod_jk]
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 11:28:40 GMT
Hi Anthony,

since your oce is based on 1.2.15 first the information for you, that
between 1.2.15 and the released 1.2.19 there were a lot of features
added. No old features has been dropped, so it should be feature
compatible with 1.2.15. You can look at the changelog

and maybe the easiest way is to scan the document

and for Apache

resp. for IIS

about new parameters, which you didn't know before. There are also hints
in the docs, which of the params have been added in which version.

Concerning 1.2.20 I'll make a tarball for testing including the docs
most likely tonight. We changed a bit more, than was planned, so we give
people a couple of days to report problems early, before we tag the
release. Again, all changes will be contained in the configuration
reference guide.

Anthony Vromant wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>> There is no need to ask something like that.
>>> Just like for any other patch bring in the code,
>>> and we'll discuss, but it cannot be answered in advance.
>>> Anyhow, according to the description it looks very interesting.
>>> Regards,
>>> Mladen.
>> Exactly the same from me. The upcoming release 1.2.20 will already
>> include a lot of improvements in the jk status worker and we all
>> think, that managing changes in a distributed 24x7 system already is a
>> very important topic.
>> Waiting for your proposals :)
>> Rainer
>> For additional commands, e-mail:
> Glad to note that you are interested in this topic.
> I propose to send you as soon as possible a HTTP link towards a Flash
> presentation of our prototype.
> Thus you'll have a good overview of the feature.
> For the source code, we have to do some 'cleaning' work before being
> able to submit it to you.
> Can you tell me where to find information about new features of mod_jk
> 1.2.20 ?
> For your information, our prototype is built from  mod_jk 1.2.15. We
> could bring it to the 1.2.20.
> Regards.
> For additional commands, e-mail:

kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH