tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Aldrin Leal" <aldrinl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtual file system support?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:26:20 GMT
Eugeny,

> We are about to develop content management WEB application, and we are
> wandering - is it posisble to keep JSP pages not on the filesystem, but in
> database or JSR170 repository? Ideally, it would be great if Tomcat can
> support something similar to a WebDAV, or soemthing like this which can just
> allow us to write impelmentation for such FS - and it will work.

commons-vfs (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs) does support an
special ClassLoader which works under the VFS Syntax (which involves a
lot of useful protocols, including webdav in its sandbox).

However, the other missing link (locating/compiling .jsp files out of
it), I can't remember the right semantics. I'd suggest you either read
the docs and the source of jasper compiler.

--
-- Aldrin Leal, aldrinleal@gmail.com