tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.1 alpha
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:20:49 GMT
Hi,
Comments:

-- There's an empty README.txt file in the root unpacked directory.
-- The release notes still note markt as the last modifier of the
file, and have the @VERSION@ CVS macro unexpanded.
-- Startup is nice and fast out of the box, as is shutdown
-- We need to update the copyright on the welcome page to 2006
-- The examples link on the welcome page is broken (a link to
examples/jsp or examples/servlets, or both, would work)
-- On the JSP examples page, the "we recommend Tomcat" link should be
updated to point to tomcat.apache.org
-- Trying to view the JSP examples source code, e.g.
http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/jsp2/el/basic-arithmetic.jsp.html,
results in a 404
-- A fairly hefty webapp loaded and ran fine, no errors.  I didn't
test for speed but it looked no slower than 5.5.17.

I gotta run to a meeting.  If I have time later I'll try to address
some of these myself, but I wanted to note them down before I forget.

Yoav