tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Fisher, Mitchell L" <>
Subject AJP Connector & enableLookups
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:41:15 GMT
I have a question about the behavior of the Tomcat AJP Connector.  When
my mod_jk equivalent sends the remote host name in AJP, the servlet's
call to getRemoteHost() returns the IP address if enableLookups is set
false in the connector, and returns the remote host supplied by the
front-end server if enableLookups is true.  I am using snoop.jsp to test

Does this make sense?  If the front-end server is sending the hostname,
shouldn't the connector use the hostname whether enableLookups is set or

By "mod_jk equivalent" I mean that we have our own web server extension
that performs the AJP 1.3 protocol to Tomcat 5.5.20 running on Windows.
My tracing shows that the hostname is being sent in each case.

Mitchell Fisher | Unisys Corp.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message