tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From maxt <>
Subject Locale difference with Console and Windows Service
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:23:58 GMT

I am using Windows XP, Tomcat 5.5.17, JRE 1.5.0_08. I am in Australia. For
testing localization, my Windows Region is set to English, US.

When using the Console, tomcat5.exe, my localization files work correctly,
returning the Locale, en_US.

When using Windows Services, the Locale returned is en.AU with the same code
and Region still set to English, US.

In the Services I am using a Classpath command:
C:\Program Files\BMJ\Tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar
and Java Options:
-Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\BMJ\Tomcat
-Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\BMJ\Tomcat

Any help explaining how to configure the correct Locale using Services would
be appreciated.

Sent from the Tomcat - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message