tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@hookom.net
Subject Re: Problem with JSF 1.2 converters in Tomcat 6.0.2
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:42:21 GMT
Literals are acceptable for both MethodExpression and ValueExpression in both deferred and
immediate invocation.

MethodExpression example: public String method() can just be 'cart', which will be returned
as the result.

In the converter case, a single attribute handles both the 'named' converter case and the
'pointer' converter case.  When the ValueExpression is literal (ve.isLiteralText()) is called
on the set ValueExpression, it instead defers the Converter lookup to the JSF application
instance, and not as an invokable expression pointer to an instance in EL.