tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject commons-ssl-0.3.4 alpha released
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:28:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm writing to announce the alpha release of commons-ssl-0.3.4.  I'm
writing to "dev@tomcat.apache.org", because Tomcat might be interested
in this to:

1.  Improve Security (CRL checking - OCSP in the future...).

2.  Consolidate the "SSL/TLS" config options.  You could use this
library to support the APR style SSL config even when APR is not
available.  The library is able to read the OpenSSL style private keys
using pure java.  Over 50 formats of OpenSSL private keys were tested:

RSA:
http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/samples/rsa_result.html

DSA:
http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/samples/dsa_result.html

I'm hoping to soon either start the Apache Incubation Policy for this
library, or to get it into commons-sandbox.  In the meantime, please
take a look!  It's very useful for working with SSL and Java.

http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/

--
yours,

Julius Davies