tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 6.0.2
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:29:40 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> My alpha vote stands,
> there are a few bug fixes I added to 6.0.2:
> -output stream using the C2B converter

It is not a regression, the same code (and associated minor issue)
exists in 5.5.

> -ApplicationDispatcher.checkSameObjects wasn't checking the root of the
> request/response that were last serviced

This code is not used by default (it requires using the strict flag).

> -DBCP wouldn't even build with jdk1.5

It works for me: I use JDK 1.5 without any problems, for whatever reason.

> To me, beta is when you can build, and we have addressed most known
> defects, but the build issue is pretty big, a beta should build straight
> from SVN

As all three issues are minor, I have to disagree with this. I suppose
if you look for long enough, you'll find some issues, but this is not
going to be adequate testing, while it will delay real testing.

Rémy