tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Change in behaviour of uriworkermap.properties
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 05:52:34 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:

> E.g. if one empties the uriworkermap.properties, reloading it does not
> change the internal mount list. Temporarily adding and later removing an
> entry will not remove the entry.

That's the entire point.
Once new entry is added it will be there for the server lifetime.
Of course it can be disabled with minus prefix.

If one adds the mount point and then deletes it, other child
processes might not pick that up, but that's not how they
suppose to work. "Deletion" *must* be done only by prefixing
the mount points with minus.
I'm not even sure why I allow to have the new mounts at
the first place.

> One could live with that (after we
> improve the docs).

Sure. The entire idea of reloading a uriworkermap.properties
was to temporary disable some pre-existing mount.

Anything else should be handled via graceful restart.
BTW, this was added only to help the IIS that doesn't have
the graceful restart concept.

I don't like the idea of splitting the static and dynamic
mount points.
The proper way to go would be to add the second shared memory
(database like) that would contain the mount points with
options to manage that via jkstatus. Anything else IMHO is
useless, because it can be done via simple restart, if one
needs to add/remove the whole bunch of new mounts in frequent
way.

Regards,
Mladen.