tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJP flush packets?
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:13:09 GMT
Sven Köhler wrote:
>>> i see, you're developing Tomcat 6.0.
>>>
>>> Will Tomcat 6.0 send flush packets, when the flush()-method of the
>>> OutputStreams or the Writers are called?
>> Yes. It's done in a way that is backward compatible.
>> When out.flush() is called an empty data packet is sent.
>
> Did it really need to be done like that? :-(

Not really, but in that case we would need to
extend the AJP protocol with something that would
notify the mod_jk/mod_proxy_ajp that explicit flush()
was requested.
That would of course break any mod_jk/mod_proxy not
having those extensions.
With empty packet the previous versions will simply
write 0 bytes to the client, while 1.2.20 and up
will call the web server flush.

Regards,
Mladen.