tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making connector defaault address as 0.0.0.0
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:11:18 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

>> Comments?
>
> As you say, 0.0.0.0 is ipv4 so it looks like a bad default value to me,
> while null means whatever the connector wants. Internally, it's up to
> the native layer to figure it out, I think.

Sure, but the fact is that Java connectors will always
use IPV4. APR connectors will use the Native generic address,
so they may vary from "0.0.0.0" to "::" depending on the
IPV6 support in the APR.

The solution is either to provide "0.0.0.0" as default which
is BTW what Java connector will always evaluate to, or just
for APR Connectors, and only when the address is not specified.

Regards,
Mladen.