tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Making connector defaault address as 0.0.0.0
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:03:46 GMT
Hi,

With Native connector if the OS supports IPV6 the
default address (null) is translated to "::", thus
it only listens to the IPV6 addresses. In case the
OS doesn't support IPV6 (hardly to be found nowadays), the
null address is equivalent to the address="0.0.0.0".
The same is for any Java connector because default is IPV4.

I would like to make default address as "0.0.0.0" instead
passing null to the Connector. Well at least to the APR
connectors, so they behave like Java one.

Anyhow, is there any reason that I'm missing that would
prevent us to apply the:
If address property for the connector is undefined
    set it to the "0.0.0.0"

I personally see no reason how address=null is
different for address="0.0.0.0"

Comments?

Regards,
Mladen.