tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michiel Meeuwissen <Michiel.Meeuwis...@omroep.nl>
Subject findAncestorWithClass in a tag, used in a tag-file
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:58:41 GMT
Hello.

I notice that in tomcat 5.5.20, in contradiction to tomcat 5.5.17, the
findAncestorWithClass method of a Tag now also looks outside the tag-file,
if the tag is used in a tag-file. So, if you use a tag implemented by a
tag-file inside some tag, and inside the file of the tag-file you use a tag
which uses 'findAncestorByClass' it can now see the tag in which the tag of
the tag-file was used.

Since this breaks the functionality of tag-library I'm maintaining I was
wondering if this was an intentional change, and whether the current
behaviour or the previous one was correct. It's not clear to me from at
least the javadoc of Tag.

Michiel

--
Michiel Meeuwissen                  mihxil'
Peperbus 107 MediaPark H'sum          []()