tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Friebel" <>
Subject Extracting SSL information from servlet
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 06:37:05 GMT
I hope I have submitted this question via the correct mechanism.
I wish to extract certificate information from my servlet that is
running within tomcat.  The problem that I get is that my x509
certificate array is always null.  The code snippet that I am attempting
to use is:
                        X509Certificate[] certs = (X509Certificate[])
                        if (certs == null) {
// do non-ssl items
                        } else {
//                      Attempt to extract principal name from Subject:
                            String clientDN =
                            System.out.println("Client DN = " +
My understanding is that when I use the getAttribute as I have above, I
am supposed to get an array of X509Certificate objects.  Instead, certs
is always null.
Any ideas?
Andrew Friebel
Franchise Services
Franchise Product Development Coordinator
Reynolds & Reynolds
Ph: +613 9535 2222
Fax: +613 9535 2281 <>