tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: v5.5.x default context support outside of server.xml
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:39:16 GMT
Jon,
We got your original message.  I didn't see any replies,
unfortunately.  If you care to submit a patch that does any of what
you asked for into our Bugzilla issue tracker, that'd be great.
Thanks,

Yoav

On 10/19/06, Jon Wilmoth <jonwilmoth@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Below is the response I got from the user list after inquiring about how to specify the
default context for a given host in v5.5.x.  If this is indeed the correct way to specify
the default context for a host in v 5.5.x, could I request that one of the following be done
(in order of personal preference).

> 1) have tomcat respect the value of the "path" context attribute regardless of where
the context is defined (inside server.xml or in mywebappcontext.xml)

> 2) add an attribute to host element allowing explicit declaration of the default context's
path.

> 3) Add a section to the documentation that outlines the procedure for defining the default
context/host when the context is defined inside and outside server.xml (existing docs only
work for when context is defined in server.xml).

> Also, having noticed the votes for v 6.0 (which is very cool), I have to ask if the "ROOT"
context name trick works the same in this new release.