tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Split soTimeout to soTimeout and keepAliveTimeout
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:19:58 GMT
Hi,

On 10/2/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> I propose that we split that to the real soTimeout which is the
> timeout between two consecutive read() on http request and the
> additional keepAliveTimeout that will be used for determining the
> timeout between two requests.
<snip />
> [ X ] I'm for that proposal
> [ ] I'm against that proposal
> [ ] I don't care

I'm for it with one condition -- that it be documented clearly not
just in the code but in the configuration reference as well,
preferably with the documentation committed at the same time as patch.
 I don't think this is generally very important, and I think only a
few users will need it, but for them it could indeed be valuable, and
it does no big harm.

Yoav