tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Subramanian, Ganesh" <sgan...@corp.untd.com>
Subject Non-http connector in 5.5
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 05:52:41 GMT
Hi,

I would like to extend the tomcat servlet framework to SIP protocol (JSR 116). I can see several
mail threads with the similar topic in the mailing list archives. Most of them seem to work
with Tomcat 4.x and insists in implementing the 'org.apache.coyote.ProtocolHandler'. But that
alone is not sufficient to support the Sip Protocol. I should be able to use my own Connector
class to create Request/Response objects (SipRequest/SipResponse). Tomcat 4.x allowed us to
specify the name of the class implementing the Connector interface, but in Tomcat 5.5 this
interface has been removed and the 'org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector' class has been
hardcoded in the source.

Please let me how we can specify/use custom Connector class?

Thanks,
Ganesh