tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: It seems that Http11NioProtocol handler not working at mac os x 10.4.8 ppc
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:05:19 GMT
interesting, I will take a look

thanks for the feedback
Filip

Peter Rossbach wrote:
> Hi Filip,
>
> I found that MAC OS X only support setTrafficClass with following JDK 
> option
>
> -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
>
> http://lists.apple.com/archives/java-dev/2006/Jun/msg00414.html
>
> It seems a older IPV6 bug. At which place we can document those 
> things? -> F&Q
>
>
> The chat example flush the messages only I got NPE:
>
> INFO: Server startup in 2642 ms
> Exception in thread "http-8080-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Worker.run(NioEndpoint.java:1441)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
>
> After this NPE the messages flush to the browser an connection are 
> closed.
>
> Regards
> Peter
>
>
> Am 30.10.2006 um 15:04 schrieb Filip Hanik - Dev Lists:
>
>> try to set the property socket.soTrafficClass to some other value,
>> if it's not working, what JDK are you running, here is the flag 
>> described by SUN
>>
>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/Socket.html#setTrafficClass(int)

>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Peter Rossbach wrote:
>>> Hi Filip,
>>>
>>> I am starting testing your new NioProtocol handler, but I got 
>>> following exception:
>>>
>>> 30.10.2006 13:37:24 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint 
>>> setSocketOptions
>>> SCHWERWIEGEND:
>>> java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption(Net.java:152)
>>>         at 
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl$1.setInt(SocketChannelImpl.java:372)
>>>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl.setInt(SocketOptsImpl.java:46)
>>>         at 
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl$IP.typeOfService(SocketOptsImpl.java:249)
>>>         at 
>>> sun.nio.ch.OptionAdaptor.setTrafficClass(OptionAdaptor.java:158)
>>>         at 
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(SocketAdaptor.java:320)
>>>         at 
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProperties.setProperties(SocketProperties.java:107)

>>>
>>>         at 
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint.setSocketOptions(NioEndpoint.java:742)

>>>
>>>         at 
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Worker.run(NioEndpoint.java:1423) 
>>>
>>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
>>>
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> My connector config is:
>>>
>>>     <Connector port="8080"
>>>                maxThreads="150" connectionTimeout="20000"
>>>                redirectPort="8443"
>>>                protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" />
>>>
>>> After some google search I found that soTrafficClass are not 
>>> supported at mac os x :-(
>>> s. http://jira.safehaus.org/browse/PENROSE-71
>>>
>>> I comment out  L 106 at class o.a.t.util.net.SocketProperties.
>>>
>>> //        socket.setTrafficClass(soTrafficClass);
>>>
>>> Before I did this: I check starting connector with some different 
>>> values without success
>>>
>>> ex.
>>>     <Connector port="8080"
>>>                maxThreads="150" connectionTimeout="20000"
>>>                redirectPort="8443"
>>>                protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
>>>         socket.soTrafficClass="2" />
>>>
>>> After that patch the Connector work, but with the comet style chat 
>>> example I have more trouble:
>>>
>>> INFO: Server startup in 3025 ms
>>> Exception in thread "http-8080-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>         at 
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Worker.run(NioEndpoint.java:1441) 
>>>
>>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
>>> Exception in thread "http-8080-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>         at 
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Worker.run(NioEndpoint.java:1441) 
>>>
>>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
>>>
>>> --Chat example really working? I see the posted messages only after 
>>> socket is closed (with Firefox 1.5)...
>>>
>>> Next I test the chat example with APR handler, again.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Peter Ro├čbach
>>> pr@objektpark.de
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
>>>
>>>
>>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>>> Version: 7.1.408 / Virus Database: 268.13.17/505 - Release Date: 
>>> 10/27/2006
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.408 / Virus Database: 268.13.17/505 - Release Date: 10/27/2006
>
>   


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message