tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dies Koper <d...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject are JSPs using Java5.0 syntax supported completely?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 06:13:30 GMT
Hello,

I never doubted that Tomcat 5.5 supported JSPs using Java5.0's new
syntax and features, until I read the following in the docs:

The Java compiler from Eclipse JDT in included as the default compiler.
[...] This new compiler will be updated to support the Java 5 syntax as
soon as possible.

I found it here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html#Configuration

Is this just an old sentence from when Tomcat 5.5 development just
started that did not get removed or are there really limitations to the
Java 5.0 features you can use in an un-pre-compiled JSP?

Thanks,
Dies