tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Source for Packages org.apache.tomcat.dbcp and below?
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 21:06:04 GMT
Marcus Better wrote:
> William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
>
>> Basically the main problem on Gentoo is we don't want to have to pull in
>> sources for 3 other commons apps in conjunction with Tomcat's sources
>> just to build the naming-factory-dbcp.jar. Despite it looking like
>> that's the only way.
>>

> We have the same problem in Debian, and we are not building
> naming-factory-dbcp.jar. Instead we rely on commons-collections.jar.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marcus

And we have the same problem on JPackage, and as consequence on Red Hat,
Fedora, Suse, Mandriva....

I wonder if the magic could not be done by having the original
commons-dhcp JAR as input and doing some manipulation on it to move the
classes to the desired package at tomcat build time...

Regards to all,
Fernando