tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r465675 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: conf/ java/org/apache/catalina/core/ java/org/apache/coyote/http11/ java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/ webapps/docs/ webapps/docs/config/
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:06:38 GMT
fhanik@apache.org wrote:

> SSLEngine is an attribute of the APR lifecycle listener to initialize the native SSL
layer once per VM.

I don't get it, really.

Did you read my reply about:
1. scheme="https" secure="true"
2. scheme="https" secure="false"
3. scheme="http" secure="false"
4. scheme="http" secure="true"

I would prefer we do that in a 'proper' way, because IMHO
we can do what you need without introducing a third parameter,
that BTW is meant for something else (Initializing hardware SSL Engine).

I agree that the APR implementation depends on that param for kicking
the SSL on, but that's the APR implementation fault.

Regards,
Mladen.