tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r465303 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: java/org/apache/coyote/http11/ java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/ webapps/docs/ webapps/docs/config/
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:31:57 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

> no need to get edgy :), your point is well taken.

I was edgy? Wasn't my intention.

> I have two suggestions
> 1. The SSLEngine attribute should be in the APR lifecycle listener, and
> not in the connector, since its static, I can't have more than one, so
> why do I have to define it more than once.

This would require doubling directives for enabling SSL, once in
Listener and once in Connector.

> 2. Add a SSLEnabled (or sslEnabled) attribute to the connector with only
> true/false values.
> The goal from the beginning was consistency, and also support
> secure=true scheme=https even though its not actually running SSL, a
> pretty important feature.

I agree, but then SSLEngine implicitly enables ssl processing with APR
connector, while on other it would depend on scheme.
Perhaps we should consider scheme for enabling ssl in APR as well
and if SSLEngine != Off && sheme=https then calling SSL.initialize

Regards,
Mladen.