tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r465303 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: java/org/apache/coyote/http11/ java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/ webapps/docs/ webapps/docs/config/
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:53:34 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

> to eager to press send, that way the connector would have only on/off
> values, while the actual SSLEngine value neuron would be in the
> APRLifeCycleListener,
> much cleaner, and all our connectors become consistent on that value

Look, SSLEngine concept was derived from mod_ssl where SSLEngine
toggles the usage of SSL/TLS (usually per VHost).
We extended that (because we can not have per-vhost connectors)
on the connector basis and added optional initialization for
hardware SSL engines, and thus conceptually has nothing to
do with the thing you are trying to use it for.

It would mean that the same directive (SSLEngine) would
have two different meanings/purposes depending on the
connector itself.

I would suggest that you came up with a different name
(as well as documentation) that would properly describe
what you are trying to do.

Regards,
Mladen.