tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Package renaming
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:52:50 GMT
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> I have no foreseeable solution to building that jar on Gentoo at this
> time. I have discussed it extensively with others, and we are likely to
> have to do some package specific hacks or etc to build that jar. In the
> mean time, those needing that jar are having to fetch it from the a
> binary release.

Ok, but you don't really have to care that much about that JAR: Tomcat
is still perfectly usable using the regular commons-dbcp, etc.

It's not the same situation here, so you won't run into any problem. An
implementation of commons-logging (I thought the one Costin did in
tomcat-lite could be reasonable to start with) would be included in the
Tomcat source and built along with the rest.

Rémy