tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r451831 - in /tomcat/container/tc5.5.x/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core:
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:52:29 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> wrote:
>> Author: markt
>> Date: Sun Oct  1 15:43:11 2006
>> New Revision: 451831
>> Log:
>> Fix bug 34956. Ensure requestDispatchers are called with original or
>> wrapped original request/response objects as per SRV.8.2 and SRV.
> I think this "fix" is very evil enabled by default.

I tend to agree on the grounds it is pretty pointless (BTW if you can
see a better way of implementing it I'd be happy to come up with an
alternative patch).

I don't see why the spec requires this but it does. How about porting
the Globals.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE feature from the 6.x branch?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message