tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Funding someone to fix a few bugs
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:39:51 GMT
Hi,

On 9/11/06, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:
> so you fund your own time, that the whole point. Someone, and always
> someone funds your time here.
> Be it yourself, a company or something else

If you think my working on something on my own time, on my own
equipment, without anyone asking me to prioritize things according to
their criteria is the same as a company paying me currency in exchange
for individual commits, have a blast... I don't see it that way, not
by a long shot.

Note that I'm not criticising those who do: I'm obviously aware of the
various types of working relationships we have here now and in the
past (Covalent, JBoss, Sun, IBM, Mortbay, etc.).  I don't mind it at
all, it's an individual choice.  I'm just saying not all of us are
funded in the same way.

Yoav