tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Funding someone to fix a few bugs
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:51:56 GMT
Hi,

> George Sexton wrote:
> > Is it permitted to offer to fund someone to fix a few bugs? I have
> > three things I'd like to see fixed. One trivial, and two non-trivial.

I'm not sure, but I'm not aware of precedents, and I am aware of some
discussion against this idea.

On 9/11/06, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:
> I don't see this as a problem, all ASF committers are being funded
> somehow to enable them to do their contributions here.

No, that's not true.  Many of us, such as myself, contribute to the
ASF during our free time on our own equipment.

> As with any patches, you can offer someone $ to come up with a patch,
> that patch will be submitted, reviewed and if accepted applied to the
> code base.

Yes, the normal patch review and acceptance criteria still apply.
Even if you paid someone, a patch can be -1ed or otherwise not make it
into the product.

Yoav