tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject [DRAFT] Board Report for September 2006
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:32:44 GMT
Hey,
We need to submit a quarterly report to the Board this month.  I've
put together a first draft below.  Comments and edits are welcome:
we've got a while before we have to submit this (the Board meeting is
September 20th, so let's stick the comments deadline somewhere in the
middle, September 10th.

Yoav

Attachment [TBD]: Status report for the Apache Tomcat Project
- We have no issues that require attention from the Board at this time

Development:
- Continued work on Tomcat 6.0 development: we expect to have release
6.0.0 ready roughly at the same time that Servlet Specification v2.5
and JSP Specification v2.1 are finalized.  No change here since
previous Board report.
- Much work has been done on the mod_jk connector, improving
reliability, performance, and monitoring options for httpd / mod_jk
administrators.  It's been great to see the increased level of energy
and enthusiasm around the connectors, and the new connector releases
have been getting pre-release testing from a number of committers on
various platforms.
- We're also diversifying release managers: Mark Thomas is the current
release manager for Tomcat 4.x, Filip Hanik for Tomcat 5.x, and Remy
Maucherat for 6.x.

Releases:
- mod_jk 1.2.17 and 1.2.18 were released.  1.2.18 is currently the
stable release (it was put out on July 20th).  mod_jk 1.2.19 is in the
works, expected to release in September.
- Tomcat 4.1.34 is being voted on right now, with expected final
release next week.  This is a bug fix, documentation update, and
limited back-porting of features release.
- Tomcat 5.5.18 is also in the middle of its release process, with
expected release in the next two weeks.  Tomcat 5.5.17 is still the
latest stable Tomcat release.

People:
- No changes since last Board report.