tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Johnson <>
Subject Re: [TC6] revision that removed calls to makeOutputDir() breaks Jasper
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 23:00:11 GMT
Revision 441109 to removed calls to
makeOutputDir() from the methods getClassFileName() and
getServletJavaFileName().  This results in JSP compilation failures in
this scenario:

        1. my.jsp is requested for the first time, its implementation
servlet is created in the outputDir , JspServletWrapper is populated, etc.
        2. You delete the outputDir.  Not just my_jsp.class, but the
entire directory.
        3. Request my.jsp again.

Because the servletwrapper for my.jsp has been populated with a
jspcompilationcontext, both 'servletJavaFileName' and 'classFileName' are
initialized.  In addition, 'outputDir' is intialized.  Revision 441109
results in no call to makeOutputDir()
ever being made and therefore the resultant generation of
fails due to the outputDir not existing.