tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Johnson <scott...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [TC6] revision that removed calls to makeOutputDir() breaks Jasper
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 23:00:11 GMT
Revision 441109 to JspCompilationContext.java removed calls to
makeOutputDir() from the methods getClassFileName() and
getServletJavaFileName().  This results in JSP compilation failures in
this scenario:

        1. my.jsp is requested for the first time, its implementation
servlet is created in the outputDir , JspServletWrapper is populated, etc.
 Happy.
        2. You delete the outputDir.  Not just my_jsp.class, but the
entire directory.
        3. Request my.jsp again.

Because the servletwrapper for my.jsp has been populated with a
jspcompilationcontext, both 'servletJavaFileName' and 'classFileName' are
initialized.  In addition, 'outputDir' is intialized.  Revision 441109
results in no call to makeOutputDir()
ever being made and therefore the resultant generation of my_jsp.java
fails due to the outputDir not existing.