tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r439529 - in /tomcat/sandbox/tomcat-lite: build.xml webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:29:47 GMT
I'm trying to avoid the lib/ directory as much as possible for tomcat-lite.

I would like to have a single jar, with everything needed for the runtime -
and use
normal webapps for the rest. For example jasper would be packaged as a
webapp ( or maybe 2 - one for runtime and one for compiler ). Adding a
library to tomcat-lite will mean adding a webapp ( with a special name ).

Right now I'm using __x_ as a prefix for special webapps, and any
__x_classpath_foo webapp will have all its libs added to the tomcat loader.
( also any servlets declared will be added to all webapps, but that's not
implemented yet ).
The packaging is not ready yet - the session manager for example will not be
part of tomcatLite.jar, but will be in a __x_session webapp. Same for
authentication, jsp support, deployment ( reloading of apps, checking
webapps/ dir for new dirs, etc ), connector etc. So no lib/ directory and no
conf/ directory either ( since all configuration will be done in
web.xmlfiles - see the connector config )

Costin