tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Rees" <dree...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing JK 1.2.19
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:27:23 GMT
On 9/14/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> > So what do you do when you have multiple virtualhosts mapped to
> > different workers?
>
> Please don't split hair :)
>
> In that case use the JkMount/JkUnMount combinations
> to separate the resources served by Httpd.

Less than ideal, but this whole issue doesn't happen that often anyway.

> I can agree with you that selecting default
> worker for that situation would be a nice thing to
> have, but it's definitely not a bug.

OK. I would propose that adding a new feature that allows you to map
all requests matching .*;jsessionid=.* to mod_jk would be a worthy
feature. I am willing to work on a patch if no mod_jk developers are
interested. Should I open an enhancement request?

> > Also, SetHandler jakarta-servlet isn't documented anywhere that I can
> > find, otherwise I would have tried it sooner.
>
> Right, it is not documented. Not sure why, because it was
> out there for a long time.

Should I open an issue in bugzilla for it? I am also willing to write
something up if no mod_jk developers have the time.

Thanks,
-Dave