tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: Tomcat keepAliveTimeout
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:51:19 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> semi useless, LOL :)
> "when the number of threads gets lower, it tends to use fewer threads"

Ok, it's the opposite: "when the number of threads gets higher, it will
try using fewer threads". Looking at the code will makes this obvious.

> I was talking about the soTimeout.
> Actually when the number of threads gets higher the soTimeout should
> get higher as well or at least be kept at the configured value.

In that case, more threads will be used, which will exhaust the pool
extremely quickly.

> With the current code you can not be sure what the actual timeout is.
> It can be from soTimeout to soTimeout/20 without user having any clue.

If it makes you happy, you can remove that little useless trick. It's an
experiment I did a long time ago, nothing less, nothing more. It's also
specific to the connector, so it is not going to help or hurt

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message